How do you test for worn shocks on car with stiff springs?

My 164S has the original two-mode shocks. As commonly seen, they default to the Sport mode, but I don't have any problems with this setting.

In any case, I suspect that at least one front strut is showing signs of wear. The car has 82 K miles on it. I have owned it since 67 K. As to the ride, damping does seem suboptimal in some situations, but since I am not the original owner, I can't say for sure that it is much different from how it came from the factory. Doing the stationary bounce test, I can hardly depress the front driver (R) side corner at all. The pass. side front corner can be depressed 1.5 inches or so, but comes back without any oscillation. I suspect that the stiff springs make this test rather useless.

Now my question: Is there another, somewhat objective way of testing shock/strut damping performance? (I would get yellow Konis if one or both of the OEM ones are really shot).
Cheers,
Sonny '91 164S Baltimore, MD