Tire Advice for 164S

I have been running Bridgestone RE71s (215/45/17) on my 164S with good
results for the past three years. I'll need a full set of tires around
December, and knowing that the RE71 has been discontinued, was planning
to purchase Bridgestone RE730s, as the specs looked even better than the
RE71s. Checking the owner survey results for this tire on the Tire Rack
site, I found that 80% of recent purchasers complained that the latest
batches of the RE730s are prone to intolerably loud "droning" noises
that grow louder as the tire wears. To a buyer, they said they would not
ever buy them again as this noise was deafening.

Anyone out there with a 164 running on 17" wheels have a suggestion for
a reasonably-priced (under $150 each) performance tire that has wear
rating of at least 200? I loved the RE71s, but they wore a little too
quickly for a car that is my daily driver.

Rich Lasner
92 164S
ARA
AROC