The parts book calls it a 'Rondella do sicurezza' (was: Gearbox lock washer)

In AD8-0194 David H Willis writes:

 "When I dismantled my 1750 Berlina gearbox -- how many years ago, now? -- I
remember a lock washer on the large nut on the outside end of the output
shaft, holding the giubo spider on the shaft. The washer had an inner tongue
fitting the slot in the shaft, and a tab to be bent around the outside of the
nut. I chucked it; I always chuck used lock washers

 "Now I can't find a replacement to reassemble the driveshaft. It's not in any
of my manuals or parts books, and the estimable Giovanni Centofanty can't
remember ever seeing one. He certainly doesn't have one in his box of gearbox
bits, either

 "Is this lock washer a figment of my aged imagination? If so, how do I hold
the nut 'loose' or not fully tightened? Giovanni suggests dinging the nut into
the slot in the shaft. If somebody can confirm that such a lock washer really
does exist, I'll fabricate a replacement"

 No neeed to fabricate a replacement. Just go (or send Giovanni) to an
authorized Alfa parts dealer (or contact one of the esteemed English ones, or
even Italian - -) and ask for 105.48.13.306.00, which shows up in late parts
books as fitting late 1300, 1600, and all 1750 105/115 cars (but not 2000s)
and which seems to be esentially the same as the 102.00.13.406.01 which shows
up in the 1600 coupes parts book and presumably was used on the 102s, 106s,
and probably 101s. The basis of my guess that it fits 101s is that the nut it
retains in all cases is 1358.16.065, whereas the 2000 omits the washer and
uses a different nut 105.12.13.822.00, possibly an elastic stopnut?

 John H.

Raleigh, N.C.