Re: alfa-digest V8 #189 Front spring removal

In a message dated 10/30/2001 2:31:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> I understand that the front springs
> demand respect, and so I'll order the appropriate tool for dealing
> with those, but I wanted to make sure I didn't try and take some
> control arm that was crucial for holding them in place.

       Take the springs out first.  I use two pieces of all-thread with a nut
on each end.  Remove two bolts from the pan at the bottom of the spring and
replace with the all-thread.  Snug the nuts down.  Remove the other two
bolts.  Loosen the nuts on the all-thread and let the plate down and the
tension off the spring.  With the spring removed, you can now remove the rest
of the front suspension pieces.

Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va.