rust in different yr. Spiders

Gang:
	As I look around and learn more about Spiders, the rust bug thing
keeps coming up. Now I do know that my '73 that I had in 1985-87 was a
Flinstonemobile. Being new to Alfa's then I did a pretty scary job of fixing
it then (sheet metal, tar paper, and pop-rivets...I was bad, I know). As I
try to get smarter this time I purchased a little book out of the New
England Alfa Club called "The Story of a 1969 Alfa:From Fantasy and
Infatuation to Another Restoration". The book has been very informative, and
very "no b.s.", letting me know that Alfa didn't protect any of the insides
of rocker, and door bottoms are very suspect. Now...please share your
experiences with various Spiders. Are the late '80s better protected. How
can you since how bad the rocker are, I'm sure the out side is quantifiable
with a magnet, but inside...is it always a time bomb, do you just plan on
removing the rockers and re-doing them?

Thanks for your insights!
Rick Glesner
Littleton, Colorado