desmodromic valves - not alfa.

The highest revving engine that I know of was the 2 cylinder, 50cc Honda. The
5 cylinder 125cc was similar. The 50cc reportedly went to 22,000 and had a 16
speed gear box. It had desmo valves, of course. I think that the 125 developed
about 35HP at 19,000 rpm, but it was not competitive with the 4 cylinder
Yamaha, 2-stroke, which made 39 HP. Bill Ivy lapped the 37.5 mile Isle of Man
TT course at over 100 mph on a 125 Yamaha.
Ed Prytherch.
South Carolina.