WAS Re: GTV6 vs 911--now GTV6 wheels/tires

>This turned out to be a serious issue, and again after much trial fitments
found that the only wheel/tire size combination that did not rub in the
entire use regimen were wheels that were 15X7, 35 or 32 offset, fitted with
205/50/15 >tires. We did not try 45 series tires or lower, as anything less
than 225 in a 45 doesn't make much sense and is a poor compromise in
several ways.

Paul-
I  am going to be facing this very issue next Spring with my track GTV-6.
Currently have a nice set of 16x7 Compomotive MO's, but now I'm wondering
if I'm going to have to spend $$ on a set of 15's!!!!!
My problem is (as you may be aware) that there aren't a whole lot of
choices/sizes for competition tires. Can you speak a bit to the lower
profile issue. I guess my plan to try the 205/50-45/16 isn't going to work
unless I trim my air dam? Also, do/did wheel spacers make any difference in
rubbing?

-JT