Re: Yellow high beams for GTV-6

Message text written by INTERNET:alfa@domain.elided
>Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 21:25:55 -0700
From: Fred Wright <fwright@domain.elided>
Subject: Yellow high beams for GTV-6

Seen them on pictures of GTV-6's from europe. Are they legal in the US?
What's are the advantages or disadvantages? They look great on the car. Any
ideas where to find them?

Fred Wright
Seattle
85 GTV-6
77 Spider
<
The place to look for yellow headlamps is France, but having just returned
from a week's holiday there I didn't notice any yellow headlamps, so I
don't think they are legal there any more, I guess they may not be legal in
the US either, but I can't answer that.  They certainly haven't been fitted
to new cars in France for some years, and I'm not sure if they were ever
used in any other European countries.  I have driven French cars with
yellow headlamps and I did quite the (fairly obviously) yellow light that
they produced.  If you are interested in acquiring some yellow headlamps,
let me know as I may be able to locate some.

Whilst in France, we saw two 'classic' Alfas, a 2000GTV and a 2000 Berlina.
 That's more that one would expect to see here.  Our 156 2.4JTD Sportwagon
did well over 40 (Imperial) miles per gallon of cheap French diesel (best
was 43.7) making it by far the most economical car I have ever owned, and a
range of over 500 miles is handy on a long run.

Chris Sweetapple
Highwood Motor Company
Swansea, U.K.
www.highwoodalfa.com