stolen property

Please tell me that I'm wrong, that these things do not happen at the track.
For two weeks now I have been looking for my original jack and have had no
luck.  We have a large garage, plenty parts in boxes and corners, so took
quite a while to turn everything upside down, twice.  But for the life of
me, it just does not want to turn up.
I am starting to get more and more convinced that it got *lost* in one of
the track events during the past two-three months.  I know I once found it
on arrival at the track behind my seat, even though my son and i usually
take a regural jack.
I have become increasingly confident at the track, trusting everybody and
never dreaming that something of value (ie: a torque wrech) would disappear.
I don't know how valuable a 74 GTV jack could be, but mine is no more.
Any thoughts, experiences?
Jorge Mazlumian
74 GTV (jackless)
89 Milano