75/Milano and GTV6 exhausts

Hi, there, fellow Alfisti. I recently bought the middle section of the
exhaust for my Milano, to replace the sewer pipe setup it currently has.
The piece is original and was advertised to me as for a Milano; it
includes the center resonator, two pipes with flanges at the front of it
and, in the back, one pipe that ends with a flange. Now, the only
original part of the exhaust currently on my car is the rear muffler,
which on the input side was welded to the aforementioned sewer pipe, but
very apparently has (had) a section of pipe that is wider and has a
slit, as to insert the pipe coming from the resonator.

Well, here is where the issues begin. Obviously these two parts can't
fit together. The International Auto Parts catalog shows that the center
section and the muffler section of the exhaust of the Milano/75 do not
have flanges at the end, and that those of the GTV6 do.

It seems to me that I got the wrong part but, as it is quite evident
that there will be some butchering and soldering involved anyway because
the muffler is already soldered to the rusty sewer pipe, I'm wondering
if it would just be a better idea to install this particular center
section and add a flange at the muffler side so the whole contraption
can be disassembled with relative ease on those frequent occasions when
I have to get to the gearbox. So, after this long description, and
considering it is way too cold right now to get under the car and start
comparing, my questions are: 1) Will this central exhaust section fit my
Milano. 2) If so, does anybody out there have a flange he/she would like
to cut off that old rotten exhaust lying in the garage and sell it to me
for, like, really cheap?

Thanks!

David M, from Nashville, and his sewer-piped '87 Milano Gold.