Re: convertible top window

The canvas around the window of my spider's top has cone unsown. It is right
where the top creases when it is folded. Can I use some kind of glue or
silicone to seal this and keep it from getting worse? Is it possible for me
sew it back without taking it off the car? Thanks
Nan Barnes

       I sewed one on an old top a few years ago using a big sewing machine
needle and kevlar fishing line.  I released the top latches to take the
strain off the window so I could line everything back up where it belonged
then put the stitches in the original holes.  It took a lot longer than I
expected and I don't think I would do it again!
       To machine sew it, the top has to come off.  If the stitching is gone
on the window, it is probably gone elsewhere and removing and reinstalling
the top will probably destroy it.
  Skip
67 Duetto
Norfolk, Va.