Re: VR6 is really DOHC

>Reminds one of the unnecessary complexity of BRM's H16 which was such a
>disastrous power plant, lots of power (450 hp from 1.5 l supercharged in 1965!)

The BRM H-16 was NA, not supercharged. It was essentially two flat eights
stcked on top of one another. I don't recall whether the two cranks were
geared together at the center or at one end, and whether or not the cam
drives were in the same location as the crank gearing.

The problem with these engines was _horrendous_ difficulties with torsional
vibrations eating gears and screwing up timing.

Greg