Re: alfa-digest V8 #169 - bucking bronco spider

       Make sure the hose from the air flow meter to the black plastic tube
on the valve cover is connected.  On my 82 spider it slipped off.  The car
would accelerate, die, accelerate, die, ad infinitum.
       Turns out the torque of the engine would pull the hose connection
open, which let the air flow meter go to zero air flow and the engine would
go to idle.  The engine would then rock back to its at rest position, which
allowed the hose to touch the tube like it was supposed to, the air flow
meter would open again and the cycle would start over again.
       It was really bad in low gear when launching.  It was drivable the
rest of the time.
Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City