figure it out

In a message dated 10/25/2001 2:36:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> : New Ford Thunderbird has Guibos
>
> I think they are engineered to last for 3.1 years, or 30,001 miles,
> whichever comes first  =)
>
> Just curious- what are they made out of?
>
> - -Michael in New Joisey

First, they are designed to last for the life of the car -- which is designed
as a toy that will not rack up very many road miles before it is covered with
stuff in the garage of someone with too much money or wrecked in one of those
tragic pacemaker accidents.

They are made of material from recalled Firestone tires from the Explorer
Division.

On a slightly less caustic note, I actually did read the T-Bird is an 8 with
the juice of a 4.  Perhaps its the auto gearing, perhaps the weight, but it
is said to be a slug -- which could be a good thing given Ford's market
demographics.

YMMV

Charlie
LA, CA, USA