Re: 911vsGTV-6

On the topic of performance comparisons:
Overall, I consider the comparison itself a compliment to the GTV-6. As Jon
mentioned, they are two different cars in concept. The 911 was designed as
a pure sports car. The GTV-6 was designed as a GT. Big difference
conceptually and in price. In fact, the comparison of the time (Road and
Track for example) was between the GTV-6 and the 924.
Jon-you mentioned your GTV-6 had cams and suspension. I'm assuming you have
the 2.5 motor and not a 3.0l? I am curious how a 3.0 would compare (with
the shankle stuff) to the 3.0l. 911. I think the biggest drawback
performance-wise of the GTV-6 is the soft stock suspension. The upgrade
would be more of an apples to apples comparision. Have you ever had a
chance to get times on the track with both cars? How do they compare?

-JT