156 problem

Hello

Can any UK or European digesters help me with a problem with my 1998 156 2L
Twinspark.  There is a beeping noise coming from around the area of the
glovebox (Right hand drive).  It gives a series of 3 beeps occasionally.
There are no warning lights showing when this happens and everything seems
to be going OK.  Has anybody come across this before?  There is nothing in
the handbook about it.
Thanks
Terry
Dunedin, NZ