power steering hose life expectancy was Re: 12v 164 water pump and belt tensioner tool

Obie:

Our '94 164 LS had it's power steering hose fail last week 80,000 miles. Our '91
164 L has 118,000 and hose is still good (well don't know -- hasn't leaked yet.) I
wonder if there is any data on power steering hose life expectancy. Is there a
Preventive maintenance range of years / miles for power steering hoses?

On your water pump question, We have 110,000 miles on our second pump on the 1991
L. However, play usu. indicates time for a change.

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett
Brenham, TX