Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:59:51 -0400
From: "Keith Christoffers" <christkh@domain.elided>
Subject: 164 Dashboard Brake Light Flashing, ideas or
help?

I've got a 1991 164L.  I keep getting these two red
lights flashing on
my
dashboard.  I believe one says brake while the other
makes a disk
symbol...
they are both red.  The lights flash on and off all
the time and have
nothing
to do with the pedal.  THe pedal switch has been
replaced recently.
They seem
to flash on and off when the road is bumpy...  Any
idea what kind of
loose
circuit could be causing this when the car vibrates?

I'm trying to trouble shoot this one and I was
wondering if anyone
could give
me some direction.  So far I have taken out all the
bulbs in the rear
and then
put them back in...  this was my attempt to fix any
poor connection..
I didnt
do this with the brake light in the window though.
Should I?

thanks for the help guys,
keith$
http://personals.yahoo.com