Re: '94/'95 164 Remotes

> For the record, my IR remote works best when I use it like Graham's -- up
> against the window, pointing at the dome by the map lights. However, on
> occasion it'll work anywhere up to 15 feet away. Any rhyme or reason? None
> whatsoever.

Yes, I think there is reason if not rhyme: it seems to depend on how
strong is the sunlight shining on the glass i.e. the IR appears to pass
less successfully through a strong glare.

If you keep your keys in your pocket, the batteries tend to oxidize
faster than if kept outside.

I have found the remotes to work better when kept out of seawater.

> You can markedly extend the range of the remote by holding it against the
> your skin on the underside of your chin (or somewhere else on the body but
> the chin works well) while pressing the magic button which causes your whole
> body to be an antenna.  Works for me (mostly!).

not if it's IR, I think

Nicky