SPICA questions

Pat Braden's book isn't being helpful, and I haven't gotten around to
ordering Ingram's book yet, sooo...

What is the cold-start solenoid supposed to connect to?  That is, where's
that wire go?  A relay connected to a coolant temp switch?  I ask because
I suspect mine isn't working (hard to start cold, runs OK warm), and
without know what activates it, I can't diagnose it all that easily.

Is the mixture setting adjusted under the cut-off solenoid for the entire
speed range, or just idle?

james montebello
'84 gtv6
'74 berlina