Cooling Solution, and Alfa vs.(Another German) Car

Once more the collective wisdom from the Digest has saved the day!

The "Suedemobile", aka '82 GTV6, had its radiator renewed this weekend, only
to seriously overheat on a resulting test drive. A fragmentary memory of
airflow direction, and although I enjoyed the warmth being blown out of the
radiator past the front bumper, it seemed to be less than efficient for the
car. Lesson learned: the fans seem to be distinctly mounted left and right,
and incorrect re-assembly is not good.

On test drive number two, the GTV6 ran so well, that the driver of a new
A**I S4 was slightly overtaken after the light turned green....

Jim Barrett
Huntington Beach, CA USA