KYB shocks replacement on SPIDER!!

Hello all,
 I spent the weekedn replacing the clutch hose and KYB shocks for my 91 Spider. The hose was easy, but I realized my clutch spring doesn't push the slave cylinder to the original position. I don't know if the return spring inside is weak or the pressure plate is going. Now I only have 1 or 3/4 inches of movement left to change gear with. The clutch is extremely heavy (no wonder the old hose had bulges every where). I hope the clutch will last a while since I just got the car over 1 month ago, haven't had time to enjoy it yet.
 The front shocks were easy, the rear's were the pain. I have no room to get the nuts out (this is one of the Alfa design that's not really engineered for self replacement). I turned the nut & the shocks turned with it. I decided to take the car to the local shop that opens on Sunday and ask the guy to change the shocks for me. It would cost $30 for him to get the nuts out and I have to drive home to finish the job and bring it back for him to tighten the nuts or $100 to replace the 2 shocks for me.
 Guess what, even with his high pressured impact socket driver, he still have to get a vice grip to hold the shock body to get the nuts out. I could have done that with $30 I paid him to buy all these tools (deep sockets & vice grip).
 After the shocks tie down nuts were out, when he backed up the car, the car was springing up and down like crazy, it was absolutely unsafe to drive it home, I told him I would work right there in his parking lot. In 1/2 hour, the two shocks were in.
 The KYB shocks extended higher than original shocks due to high pressure nitrogen gas, therefore I had to raise the car up to fit the shocks nicely for bolts and nuts.
 The KYBs raised the car up about 1/2 inches or because my old shocks were totally shot.
 The KYBs are pretty stiff but they were nice and better than the old dead ones. For less than $50 a piece, my ride is so much nicer and I don't feel the bumps as much as before.
 Original nuts were 17mm & 19mm, KYBs were 15mm (2 thick and thin nuts).
 I'm happy with the experience, but the design of the rear shocks were rediculous.

Louis,

91 Spider Veloce
Sunnyvale, CA