LSD answer and grille question

John H. corrects himself as to the presence of LSD on all post 1972 Giulias
and I can confirm that not only the Supers had no LSD. The Juniors didn't
either.

My 1975 GT 1600 Jr. has no LSD and it is my understanding that besides
better (or other - YMMV) vinyl covered seats and a bigger engine the LSD
reprented the major difference between the GTVs and the Juniors during that
period. You had to get something for your money after all.

OTOH you Americans never received the Juniors (did you?) so the number of
these vehicles in the US must be fairly limited.
Now for the question: I have the late model ribbed grille on my car and it
has broken in a couple of places.

What metal is the grille made from? Is this potmetal which is chromed? Does
anyone have any tips as to possible repairs? I was thinking glue/JB Weld or
something along those lines.

The surface is also slightly pitted in places so I am wondering wether it
might be possible to re-chrome the thing to make it shine again.

Regards
Jacob Haagerup,

'75 GT 1600 Junior 'M'
Rotterdam, Netherlands