Alfas and Healeys

I didn't catch the original post but here is my $0.02.
Frankly, IMHO, just posting any non-Alfa in the list is
inappropriate.  There are a lot of cars out there and I
don't think it is a good precedent.
That said, if the seller was trying to sell the Healey to
get into an Alfa then OK. but he should have said so. Again
I missed the post and don't know if he did.
My first car was a 1954 Austin-Healey 100-4. I was only 15
and couldn't drive it so I took it completely apart to
restore it. The end.  Wish I had it now!! My next was the
1963 Guilietta Spider I picked for my USAF older brother.  I
wrecked it for him too.
Funny thing, my "car buddy" at the time had a A-H Sprite (or
maybe it was mine, it's sort of dim; I know he drove a Lotus
Cortina - cool car).  We pulled the drivetrains out of the
wrecked Alfa and the Sprite and were going to make an
Alfa-Healey.  Don't think we got too much further. Kid
stuff.
I owned another Healey a few years later, a 3000 with some
kind of one-off fiberglass body.  Wierd car.
Anyway, I hope the poster sells his Healey and finds a nice
Alfa. And keeps reading the Digest.
One more, when I got back into Alfa's about 1990 or so I
test drove some TR-6's before I bought my Spider. Night and
Day.  Classic English cars can look cool and be fun but they
don't compare to an Alfa.
John
alfadog
Back in the saddle again . . . almost