115 windshield wiper

The windshield wiper motor on my '73 GTV runs at slow speed when the switch is
in either the fast or slow position. The wipers park OK. I can probably figure
out the problem if I know how the motor is wired. I don't have a wiring
diagram for the GTV, but the diagram for my '79 spider shows 4 wires from the
motor - V, N, R, M. Can someone tell me what they are connected to in the
motor?  Also, the switch has 8 terminals. I assume that it is a 2 pole, 3 way
switch. Terminals 1 & 5 appear to be the common;  with 2&6  - off; 3&7 - slow;
4&8 - fast. Is this correct? The washer pump has a switch which is supposed to
activate the wipers. It doesn't work on either of my cars. Does this switch
interrupt the fast speed circuit from the wiper switch?
Thanks,
Ed Prytherch    Columbia SC
79 spider
73 GTV