RE: my $75,000 Spider

I've had a customer say when I pulled up in my '93 Spider, "Here comes
another Microsoft guy with his $100,000 car!!".

Funny thing is, I don't know any Microsoft people with $100,000 cars :-O

Another thing just happened this weekend - my wife and I were taking our
10-month old daughter and my parents to a local farmstand to pick
pumpkins and see the barn animals. The five of us fit nicely in the 164Q
- and we traveled to the farmstand in style. With the sunroof open, we
could hear the other people getting into and out of their cars as we
pulled into a parking space. There was a little boy standing with his
father waiting to cross the parking lot as we pulled in, and he said to
his father, "Isn't that a classic?", to which his father replied, "yes,
it's an Alfa Romeo".

My parents were impressed (my father LOVES this car), and the funny
thing is, I don't expect that kind of reaction with the 164. When I
drive my Spider, I expect people to look twice because it's clearly
different than anything else on the road. While I am totally taken with
the looks of the 164, I've never thought that the styling would stand
out that much to "normal" people. I guess I was wrong, because all my
friends, co-workers and etc. who see this car uniformly tell me it's a
beautiful car.

Funny how our own self-image can be so different from what others see.
With the no-resonator ANSA exhaust, and the handling of the Q, I figured
the MOSTRO license plates are justified. I think others just see a
pretty car.