Re: Russ Neely's Water Pump Replacement

Wow Russ! I will definitely need help, and since two of my friends have
already volunteered to bail me out when I get to the point where I'm
beyond my ability, I'm pretty sure we can handle it.

Two questions come to mind. The first is, by giubo (guibo?), I assume you
mean the doughnut -- which I inspected in '96 and at the time
noticed it had a small chip in it, but nothing worth replacing (no
cracks, etc.). In your opinion, is it likely the compression/twisting
from breaking the crank pulley nut using a cheater bar would expose any
frailty of the doughnut -- leading to having to replace this guy
(giubo/guibo) as well?

Second: double-nutting. I'm sorry; I don't know what this means. Do you
mind amplifying?

Tess
in Seattle, WA USA