Belief of 'Dis Supsension (longish)

Sorry about the subject, couldn't resist myself.

I have a '71 GTV that has been set up with Koni Orange shocks (classics?),
Shankle sway bars front and rear and new springs, also from Shankle I think.
I have no documentation as to exactly what these parts are, as no receipts
are remaining from the PO.

My thoughts/questions are as follows:

01. The car still seems to sit a bit high, especially in the derriere.
Wouldn't the newfangled springs lower the ride height? If not, and I wanted
to lower it further, would I buy new springs? If so, how could I compare
what I have with what I'd buy, without actually having both in hand to
measure. I'd hate to buy new springs, just to discover that they did the
same as the ones I've got already. Is there a way to determine just where I
stand height wise? (damn .. another stinker) Stumped I am.

02. I've read that it is usually recommended to leave the front sway bars as
originals, but I have a Shankle at the front too. How do I evaluate it? In
my mind, its possible that the PO added parts that may not ought to be
there.

03. Given all this non original stuff that's been added, how are suspension
settings affected? The upper control arms are original, so can't be
adjusted. I saw an old alignment report that had seemingly wild numbers.

04. Not sure about my terminology on this, but I think I'm experiencing
"bump steering". The back end prances gaily when going over bumps, and
usually (maybe always) jumps a bit to the right. Can I do anything about
this?

Thanks for helping a newbie get an education.

James Cook in Toronto
'71 GTV