Cold running Spider.

I have a question for the collective wisdom of the digest.

My 74 Spider has begun to take it's sweet ole time to get up to operating
temperature. Before I started making mods to the engine and engine bay, it
would take a few minutes to reach 180 degrees F, now it takes 15 miles and
almost 1/2 hour.

Mods made: Electronic ignition, Crane XR3000, 105.48 cams, Golden Lodge 2HL
spark plugs, added fan shroud and chopped the fan to two blades. I am running
on pure water (well, pure and pure).

Yesterday I changed the oil and cleaned the engine with Zep 50 (good stuff,
maybe not the most environment friendly, but damn effective). I let the car
idle for about 10 -15 minutes but the temp guage never went above 140 degrees
F, and I could put my hand on the camcover without problems.

And, no we don't have freezing conditions in San Francisco.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Henrik Johansen
San Francisco, CA