re: 75 driveline balance

Jess Liao asks about driveline  vibration in his 75/Milano.

I am thinking you may have had the same problem that I had with my
Alfetta.  I believe it was the clutch input shaft bearing.  It was noisy
at idle, sort of reminding me of the "death rattle" that someone else on
the Digest had mentioned recently.  It got very bad a higher revs,
sometimes.  Sometimes just OK.  That sort of sounds like your situation.

My solution (performed by my mechanic) was to get a new input shaft,
with clutch pack that was needed also, new bearing, which was bad,
allowing MUCH play in the system.  I was convinced that upgrading from
early size (1976 Alfetta) to later, tapered shaft (which meant a new
clutch cover) was also a good thing.  Done.  Vibration was almost cured,
until the rubber in the driveline had to be redone.

Sounds like we have had similar problems, just in slightly different
sequence.

Ciao

Jay Negrin