Minlano front speakers

In a message dated 10/10/2001 6:53:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> How tough is it to get to the speakers in the front doors of a Milano?  I
> finally got the radio working and the front speakers are shot.  IIRC,
> someone mentioned that there are 5.25" ones near the bottom of the doors
> (almost hidden by the seats) and it looks like tweeters up by the mirrors.
> Thanx!

On our former Milano, the tweeters were fine (I think they have plastic
cones) but the speakers on the parcel shelf and in the doors were toast.  It
is possible to remove the clips from the bottom of the interior door panel
and pry it outward just enough to reach in and replace the speakers w/o
taking off the entire door panel.  It's a good idea to have anew set of clips
handy, because the old ones will not survive (and probably several are
already broken).  Access to the speakers under the parcel shelf is easier and
doesn't take as many contortions.  It's been mentioned that the speakers are
of an odd size but I didn't find that to be true, found Panasonic
replacements quite easily, off the shelf.  They are a standard size somewhere.

Charlie
LA, CA, USA