Alfa sighting, Buffalo

Buffalo is a surprisingly good town for sightings. I guess the large Italian population (and European in general) coupled with the presence of a former Alfa dealership that still caries a factory service certification has something to do with it. One sighting that is always a thrill is a beautiful red GTV6 with a Verde motor crammed in it.

This morning while driving my 164L to work I saw a very nice 164 that I wonder whether or not was a factory version. This all-black car had a very classy looking chrome trim line running along the top of the plastic cladding where the red line would be on an S. It extended onto a small portion of the front bumper, ending with what looked like a smooth radius right below where the headlight ends and the grille opening begins. Anyone ever see one like this before?

Brian