Re: Jacks

In a message dated 10/10/01 10:51:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
nashwill@domain.elided writes:

> go buy yourself either a well-made
> scissors jack, if you can find one (they seem to be
> rare these days),

The factory-supplied scissors jack for the '99 VW Passat is a quality piece,
made of aluminum, and is both light and strong. I'd start with a local
wrecking yard. The jack may also be standard to other VW models, years. I've
used mine many times and have been very pleased.
Good Luck,
Paul Mitchell