old abs pump question

Hello everyone,

when my ABS system went bad a while back, (more than 2 yrs ago) and I had the
ABS pump replaced I had it done in a shop that though they claimed they knew
what they were doing and had Alfa Romeo listed on their ad, I got the
impression during this process that they did not know their way around the ABS
system any better than I did.

Long story short at the end I discovered that a. the fuse was blown and the
relay had gone bad (when they put the new pump in they realized it because it
would not work and the light came on again) and they did not know how to
measure the brake fluid pressure.

So my question is this:

for all I know there might have been nothing wrong (though unlikely) with my
old ABS pump. I still have it around and am wondering if there is a way for me
to test if out of system.

Considering how things are involving with parts around here,  I think we all
need as many spares as we can have.

Any input on this matter would be appreciated.

Joseph

88 Milano Verde (fully working ABS, 5-6 full pedal applications between pump
working)