Bosch problems

The problem is not with my Alfa , which by the way, runs great. I just wish
for more gonads off the line. Its an automatic so the gearing is a bit stiff.
( 3.15:1 if I'm not mistaken).  The bosch system in question is in my
Mercedes 190e.  It lopes at idle, chugging a bit of black smoke at idle. When
your on the throttle it will probably out run my Milano. ( 2.3 L I-4 vs 2.5 L
V-6 ). Thats neither here nor there. I have already disconnected the cold
start solenoid. Nothing changed.  I just purchased the car not running.  (
the stupid lot boy at the dealership  crossed up the jumper cables and
shorted out the battery, alternator, and electronic ignition module ).  So I
offered pennies on the dollar for it and several days later it was mine.  I
diagnosed the whole electrical system and rebuilt the alternator with another
Bosch alternator. ( pieces parts and enginuity = alternators)  The alternator
is putting out 14.5 volts and the battery is new. The spark is blue / white
and in time.  I noticed that the temp guage is not working. Would this have
something to do with the running rich at idle? Or could it be the O2 sensor.
         I know its not Alfa related, but it is Bosch. I have read almost
every post on the digest for the last 8 months. I know several people know
these systems like the back of their hands.  Go ahead, FLAME ME!! ( I have
enough asbestos in my body from working in a steel mill).  I got flameproof
guchies on anyway.
Tim Timko
88 Milano Platinum
84 Benz 190e