Sad news and La Pilota Updated

First, some sad news from Stephen E. Margolis regarding the death of a former
AROC National Director and active member of the Mid-Atlantic AROC:

"I'm very sorry to report that Roger Medlin passed away last week. Roger was
traveling with his wife Dot when he had a heart attack and died very
quickly.

"Roger was a great friend of the Mid Atlantic chapter of AROC, not only a
long-standing supporter of the organization, but also a personal friend to
many of us in the chapter. I know that he had made many friends among the
AROC officers and directors as well, and was known to Alfisti all over North
America.

"Roger had fought off a number of serious health problems several years ago,
but he had enjoyed good health for the past two years or so.

"Details of a memorial service are not yet set."

La Pilota has been updated today at
http://clubs.hemmings.com/texashillcountryaroc/

    In this issue:

*          The final chapter of the 2001 Adventures of the Alfa Romeo
            Bonneville Land Speed Record Team (never posted to the
            Digest!)

*          A couple of Alfa Digest posts - one from John Hertzman
            regarding "Alfa Romeo SpA"; the second from Ian Rankin
            on hot GTV6 handbrakes

*          Comments from Elliott Zirkle

*          A photo of the newest Alfa Romeo - the 147 as seen at
            Concorso Italiano

Ciao,
Bernie