Marcus & Caribou & refunds

Dear Marcus (or Michael as you placed your order under),

You know, it amazes me how a guy can ask for a refund on Wednesday afternoon,
be given no hassle about it, and then go flying off the handle when not even
the third business day has past before it is posted to his account!

Marcus had written:
<<Sorry to hear you're going through the same mess with
Ed that I finally ended 3 weeks ago.  Well, tried to
end anyway.  I still have yet to see my Credit Card
refunded.....as Ed claims Debbie lost the papperwork. >>

No, I did not claim Debbie had lost the paperwork, I told you that we had 4
steps to go thru to ensure that a credit is given to a customer who asks for
one and that she had apparently done the first two of the four but not the
last two. This is when you called me, I found out what had happened. I spent
the next 40 minutes looking for your paperwork but couldn't find it (Debbie
was not in that day so couldn't tell me what she had done with it). At that
point I could have "shined you on" until the next day when she came in and
could locate the paperwork, but I didn't. What did I do next Marcus? I took
the effort to look up your phone number and called you back 45 minutes later
to obtain your AMEX number and expiry date so I could give you a refund that
same day and NOT WAIT until the next day. You fail to mention that little
tid-bit of customer service on my part!

And, you were given a credit on your AMEX last week exactly as I promised you
on the phone. Before you go and waste your time claiming with AMEX and
writing the BBB, I suggest you check your account tomorrow. Your refund was
processed by me here last Wednesday as I told you I would, but it seems as if
you do not realize that an AMEX batch closed out Wednesday night is not
processed by my bank until the next business day, than sent off to AMEX (give
a day for transfer), who will then post it to your account most likely the
next day. Now... do the math, that's a minimum of 3 business days and only 2
have fully passed since you asked for your refund! Now, today's a bank
holiday and since it does take a couple/few days for the system to process
both debits and credits (my own VISA bill lists transaction dates and also
posting dates which are ALWAYS 2 or 3 days after the transaction dates) why
not see if it's on your card in the next 24 hours or so and than post an
apology to me. You know, the funny thing is, I told you exactly all this on
the phone and that it would take a minimum of 3 business days to show up on
your account, so where's the problem?

Also you did not mention that, as I told you on the phone, this "difficulty
with paperwork" involving Debbie was not the first or the second or the ???
involving her and, in fact, on the very day you called, I told you I had
hired a replacement for her! Marcus, the hardest thing in business is
delegating tasks to someone, only to find out that those tasks are not be
done correctly or completely. Sorry you suffered from this, but I have taken
steps to correct this.

By the way, you did forget to mention that you did receive on the same order
a convertible top from us (the above "situation" is for some other items). I
guess you approve of it otherwise you most likely would have taken the
opportunity to "blast" that product also, yes?

I've been serving the Italian car community for 21 years and I am not here to
show "out right dishonesty" (quotes are yours) to the small, small community
of folks I can provide parts to. But as a tiny, yet growing company, with the
associated growing pains that come from that, sometimes things fall between
the cracks. Sorry you had a brief experience of this, but as mentioned above
once it was brought to MY attention it was taken care of. I just wish you had
the patience for the credit card industry to do their part. You should be
complaining to the BBB that AMEX's entire system will not post a credit to
your account within 48 hours, as that seems to be your real beef here.

Hope you do like the top you received,

Ed at Caribou
www.caribou.cc
www.Renovo-USA.com