Cast manifold repair

I recently acquired a 115 Berlina.  Wonderful car, serving as my
introduction to four-cylinder Alfas.

One of its problems is a broken exhaust manifold (the 1-4 set).  One of
the mounting tabs is broken off at the flange where it bolts to the
downpipe (not the head, the other end).  Now, I know that repairing
cast iron is a difficult prospect, but this car was very inexpensive,
and I'm trying to economise as much as possible on repairs.  Even a $250
replacement header represents a significant fraction of the purchase
price.  Berlinas are unreasonably cheap.

So, does anyone know of a place in the Bay Area that would attempt such
a repair?  Anyone have any idea how much a used manifold would run?
I'll be giving APE a call on Monday, but if anyone has one lying around
they're willing to part with, I may be interested.  I'm assuming a manifold
(or header, if it comes to that) from any 105/115 car will fit well enough
to work (some adaptation will be required, I'm sure).

One related question, this car only has two mufflers, both near the back
of the car.  From parts diagrams, it appears that the 115 GTV and Spider
had three mufflers, one about where a catalytic converter would be on car
so-equipped, one in the middle, and one in the tail.  From weld marks,
I doubt this is the original exhaust (the fact that the car is nearly
30 years old has something to do with that assessment, as well :-).
Can any Berlina owner out there confirm the number of mufflers the car
is supposed to have?

On another note entirely, the brakes on this car are, um, interesting.
They're showing a failure mode I've not experienced before.  About 50% of
the time, they'll go to nearly to the floor with little braking effort,
then come back very strong on the next stroke.  A very slight pump
before every use will result in strong brakes.  Once it starts strong,
the pedal never sinks to the floor.  In my experience, a weak master
cylinder will do this, except the pedal will slowly drop as you hold it,
requiring another pump to restore braking.  The calipers don't appear
to be leaking, nor are any of the unions.  Very puzzling.  Any ideas?

james montebello
84 gtv6
74 berlina