Removing 164 "Knee Protector"

I'm going to be replacing the clutch master cylinder on my '91 164, and the
first step in the procedure is to remove the "knee protector" (i.e., fuse
box cover) beneath the steering wheel. On dropping the cover, I find it's
held to the dash by three hinges, two of which are attached by way of
Phillips-head screws. Simple. The hinge on the far right, however, appears
to be pop riveted to a bracket attached to the dash proper. Before engaging
in my usual butchery, can any one tell me the best way to remove this hinge?
Drill the riverts out? Try to punch them out? Set the car alight and melt
them out?

TIA for any and all help.

Joe Fillip
Swarthmore, PA