1990 Spider Motronic / Air Flow meter

Hi Group

Yesterday I was helping a non-digester diagnose his intermittent "check
engine" light on his 1990 Spider Motronic with 95k miles.  After pulling up a
1221 error code (air flow meter) on the auto diagnosis system following some
very vigorous driving needed to cause the light to appear, we disconnected
the AFM and checked the resistance per the factory manual.  Resistance
between pins 3 and 4 of the AFM was 350 ohms versus suggested reading of
"about 400" ohms.  Resistance between pins 2 and 4 was 42 ohms versus
suggested results of "about100" ohms.

Does the AFM need replacing?  If so, any suggested sources for the least
cost?  The owner knows what IAP charges and he is not excited.  Any
substitute AFMs for the Motronic Spider? (Please don't flame me Fred).  Any
group wisdom on this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Jim Warren
Alfaclan@domain.elided