Caribou tops

Interestingly, the top I ordered from Caribou last June arrived yesterday,
in the midst of this thread.  The wait
didn't bother me (though had it arrived during the summer there would have
been a better chance of my getting it
installed before the heavy rains begin here) - I'm happy these days with any
merchant that actually delivers what I order, charges a fair price, and
doesn't scream at me and call me names!

BTW, this is my second top from Caribou - the first was from 8-9 years ago -
and I think the quality
has improved noticeably.  Note that I thought the old one was perfectly
adequate (and a great deal),
which is why I was willing to go for a second from the same source.

Now, I just hope I can remember how to do the installation - it's been a
long time!  Oh, and a question:
some of my mounting studs were just barely alive last time, I'm sure they're
dead by now.  (I'm referring to
the ones where the back/bottom of the top is mounted.)  Can anyone remind me
of the best fix for this?
Do I drill them out and replace them with bolts?

Thanks,
David R.
ross@domain.elided