Re: Emissions...The saga continues.

Zamini--

Thanks for your help.  I don't think that it's a head gasket failure.
Not losing coolant and no oil in the radiator.  This really seems
like more of a timing/ignition/electrical issue to me.  I believe
that the brake and water lights coming on were not specifically
related to those systems.  When they came on, the car lost power, as
if fuel starved, or totally loosing spark, and then ran very rough
with a need to keep rpm over 2000 to prevent stalling.

The following checks will be done this weekend, weather permitting.
Unfortunately, I lost my garage to my son's rebuild.

-Full electrics, from battery connection to spark plug ends.

-O2 sensor check

-Timing--including checking the pickup at the flywheel

-Fuel filter replacement-if I can find one locally over the weekend.

-Compression check

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Fred Sacks
'89 Graduate