misc

Sorry if I'm behind but....

As for "palio," when I punched it into a web translator it returned
"racing silk."  Is that a clue?  I don't know what it really means....

Did someone say the Pontiac GTO was based on the Tempest?  Wasn't the
Tempest the transaxle Pontiac (I'm not making this up)?

And yes, the FIAT 131 was sold in the USA.  My dad bought one new in
'79.  It was a great car (First car I ever rode in...).  It could
outrun a BMW 320i, and the only trouble it gave us in 115,000 miles
(well, that's when the odometer jammed, but I don't count that...)
was a random fuel pump failure at around 30k miles--but that happened
on the one occasion that they lent the car to my uncle--my dad
thought it was pretty funny, throwing the toolbox in the trunk of the
E-type roadster to go rescue the econobox....  That seems like a
pretty lame failure to occur at 30k, but my former employer has a '97
Chevy Tahoe that did about the exact same thing.  Some things never
change....  And of course my dad's FIAT also had the half-eaten chile
pepper painted over on the floor under the rear seat; I think I've
mentioned that before.  Yeah, I'd love to have a 131 today.  I have
fond memories of sitting on my dad's lap in that car as a 4-year-old
and steering the car up and down our street while he worked the
pedals and changed gears...

I think it's bedtime,
Joe Elliott