re: Death Rattle

Michael Sweigert asked about a "death rattle" in his GTV6.  Many people have
responded with helpful suggestions, but no-one has yet mentioned the shifter
rattle as a candidate.  I have seen this referred to in the case of the
Milano, but not the GTV6.  Is it specific to the later style shifter
mechanism only?  If so it would not apply to Michael's car as it is an '82,
and I believe only the last of the GTV6 models got the improved shifter
linkage.

My own Milano has this rattle, although in my case it is audible at cruising
speeds and not just at idle.  I bought the parts to repair it from Alfa
Parts in Berkely, but I have not fitted them yet since my Verde is ailing in
more serious ways.  I used to know where to locate a good article about
curing the rattle on the web, but the link from
http://members.home.net/75milano/articles.htm no longer appears to function
:(.

Dave J.
1987 Milano Verde