re: Milano Steering Wheel Spacers?

hi tim,

i dunno how ewe wood effectively & safely accomplish this, but have ewe tried holding the wheel at the bottom - say, 7:30 & 4:30, vs the 10:00-2:00 position most folk are familiar with?  much more comfy, imo...

doug s.

   Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 18:20:17 -0700 (PDT)
   From: Tim Mills <>

   Greetings fellow Alfisti,

   I have re-mounted the driver's side seat to a more
   reward position in order have more leg-room.  Does
   anyone have experience in fabricating and installing
   spacers to move the steering wheel closer to the
   driver?  If so what are the steps to install these
   spacers and are there any side effects that lead to
   other modifications on the steering column?

   Also I have heard that there are commercially
   available spacers for steering wheels, does anyone
   know about this?  Thanks in advance.

   Ciao,

   Tim