Re: Spider idling problems

Hi Glenn:

Your approach is off by miles and miles and miles . . .

First, fix that throttle cable bolt you messed with, and put some slack
back into the throttle cable.  Then, take a look at the AROO website for
proper instructions:

http://alfaclub.org/techstff/tunespca.htm

There is only one correct way to perform the procedure, and the steps must
be done in the specified order, no shortcuts.

At 06:29 PM 10/1/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 15:16:51 -0500
>From: glenn.wallin@domain.elided
>Subject: Spider idling problems
>
>Greetings all...
>I have a 74 Spider with a rebuilt SPICA pump that is not gracing me with a
>steady idle.
>This is what I have done....
>Checked the timing and it's OK,
>Check the air flow into the engine.
>Checked the reference gap (multiple times.)  Matter of fact I have retuned
>the pump a couple of cars and get the same result.
>
>Here is what it is doing... When I have the hood up I can get the car to
>idle at about 900RPM's by turning a bolt that adjusts the throttle cable
>located on a bracket on the firewall.
>
>When I start driving, the car wants to either (idle at 4-500 RPM's) i.e.
>die or idle at 1500-2000 RPM's.  I can move the above mentioned bolt, and
>it will change the idle but it never stay in one place.
>
>What am I doing wrong,  Could it be a bad Thermostatic Actuator?
>
>I love a challenge but My wife doesn't!
>Thanks
>Glenn    74 Alfa Spider

Regards,