RE: Need help registering a car

>   I have a '79 X1/9 that I bought on eBay about 6 months ago.  To
> make a long story short, the guy lived out of state, never came
> through with a title, and now he's moved.  I know New Hampshire
> doesn't require a title for vehicles over 15 years old, so I'm
> wondering if somebody in the Live Free Or Die state might be
> willing to help me get my car registered.  I would much
> appreciate it, as it would save me from having to pay a title
> company an outrageous ammount of money.  After all, it's just a Fiat....

I had a friend who lived in Maine do this for me with my GTV.  He had to
deal with insurance for a day, excise tax, sales tax (which in NH wouldn't
be a problem) registration fees, and maybe something else.  The total cost
to him was in the $70 range.

I've since been told that there are companies in Hemmings that advertise
this service for around $100.

You might try getting the actual cost of a title service and compare, it
might not end up being that much more money than having someone local to NH
do it for you.

Fwiw,

bs