Twinspark swap

After working on my 88 spider with the TS swap this
weekend this is what I have found....

1. I change the oil pan and oil pump on the TS engine
with the one from my spider engine.

2. The TS intake manifold WILL clear everything in the
engine compartment therefore I will be using this.

3. You need to convert the throttle from the current
rod assembly to a cable assembly.  I did this by using
a throttle cable from Kragen for a honda.  I drilled a
hole in the firewall adjacent to where the original
rod hooked up to the pedal assembly, I ran the cable
through the interior of the car and then back out
through another hole in the firewall adjacent the
throttle body.

4. The stock spider hood will not clear the engine.  I
am going to fabricate a carbonfiber hood with a bubble
in the hood to clear everything, it looks like about 2
inches will be sufficient.  If you wish to use the
stock hood then you would need to fabricate new engine
mounts which would lower the car in the engine
compartment, though you would probably need to goto a
dry sump system b/c the oil pan would definately hang
to low at this point.

5. The stock radiator fits fine, the stock crank
driven fan may still be utilized (I am going electric)
though, I need to move the water inlet from the
passsenger side of the radiator to the drivers side
(US model).

6. I still need to finish the wiring and fabricate an
exhaust manifold before I am finished.

I will upload pictures soon to a website and will post
the link here for those who are interested.

Kelly

88- TS spider.
http://phone.yahoo.com