Re: First 156GTA goes to Japan

<<Yeah, and as all of us here in the US you WANT one, not necessarily a
GTA,
but altleast a Selespeed>>

I drove coworkers Audi S6 Turbo with Selectronic(?) and found it very
confusing. I couldn't keep track of which gear I was in without checking
the video display, which had way too much text for viewing while
driving. The computer would occasionally up or down shift without my
participation and since it was always the same movement (push or pull)
the gear change didn't give me a clue as to what I was doing. You don't
really need to know what gear you're in, just where you are in the rev
range but old habits die hard. Hopefuly the Selespeed is more intuitive
but for this old dog I'll stick with a manual on my 156.

Mitch Wolberg,
69 Berlina
69 Spider Jr.