leaking windshield seal.

A while ago I posted about water leaking from in between the dash and lower
dash "knee pad" on my 90 spider.  I was pointed towards the drain hose for
the vent intake.  The drain hose was plugged.  I unplugged it, and then
yesterady during a rain noticed that water was still leaking from this same
spot.

I had someone hold a hose on the car while I sat in side lying in wait for
the leak.  It turns out the the water is collecting at the base of the
windshield and works its way under the seal (between the glass and the
seal), and then out the other side (again between the glass and seal).

Is this common problem?  If I have a windshield shop install a new seal,
will it be fixed, or is this just one of those things tha I have to live
with?

James